Saturday, December 13, 2008

Broken Record

"What do you want to do?"

Do you know how many times I have heard that question this past year?

Sheesh...

Who knows...

1. I had hoped to be a worship leader overseas.
2. I thought I would have been almost done with school.
3. Married... or at least with Mr. Right in sight. (Yeah right, I know.)
4. Serving under people who craved to know God's words because it is unavailable to them.
5. Sitting with someone in the middle of no where just listening to their fears and telling them of hope that Jesus Christ has to offer.
6. Sending letters home to Mom and Dad telling them how much I miss them and how thankful I am for all of their support and encouragement.
7. I figured I would be a better person than who I use to be... in reality I don't think I am.

Just some of the things I had hoped to accomplish by now.

Life goes by too fast and I don't want to waste it.

but this has been a year of blessings as well...

1. I have a great job with adorable children that drive me crazy but when I go home on the weekends I find myself missing them....
2. Friends. New and Old. Always there for me when I need them. (Thanks guys)
3. My family. I have grown so close to them this past year and I can't live without them.
4. The Way is still going strong through God's provision.
5. My new worship team family... (Karen, Boozer, Dawn, Sarai, and Katie)
6. The encouragement and confidence I get from my Oaks family to keep going.
7. Most importantly... God's reassurance that he is and has been watching out for me and will never leave me.

Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to his name.
~Hebrews 13:15

Thats all.

No comments: